What Does this mean?
Treating our customers fairly means:
* Behaving in a way that encourages customers to want a long-term relationship with us;
* Treating customers in a professional, considerate way with their best interests in mind;
* Being clear and transparent about products and when communicating with customers;
* Developing products which reflect our customers' needs;
* Dealing with our customers personally, promptly and in a consistent manner;
* Obtaining feedback on the service we provide and areas where we could improve;
* Ensuring that our promotional material is clear, accurate and jargon free;
* Ensuring that our staff are thoroughly trained on our products and they understand who they are and are not suitable for;
* Ensuring staff are trained in matters affecting quality of service offered to customers including fair treatment of customers;
* Encouraging staff to consider fair treatment of customers in their day to day business;
* Advising staff to report inconsistencies or potential unfairness in our products or literature;
* Ensuring that any customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly, impartially and in line with FCA deadlines and rules;
* Encouraging staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints and monitoring outcomes;
* Regularly monitoring & reporting on all 'Treating Customers Fairly' activities to assess performance and recommend changes.
The links below explain each of our customer care policies in more detail.
Our Code of Practice