top of page


  • What should I do if my goods are faulty?
    If you believe the asset you have purchased is not fit for purpose, has an inherent fault, or does not comply with the Sales of Goods Act 1979, Visit the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform website and first make contact with the dealer or supplier of the asset and explain your concerns. The dealer or supplier is qualified in their relevant business sector, so they are responsible for deciding whether the asset needs to be replaced or repaired or if further investigation is required. As the organisation financing your asset, we are not in a position to make assessments about faults or whether an asset is fit for purpose so we will refer any requests of this nature to the dealer or supplier. In the unlikely event that you are unable to resolve the issue directly with the dealer or supplier, you should contact us explaining the situation. Please note that we will contact the dealer or supplier to assist us in reaching a resolution. You can find out more about the Sales of Goods Act from the Department of Trade and Industry.
  • The supplier has offered to replace my goods, what should I do?"
    You must inform us if the supplier agrees to replace the goods as a variation will be required to your agreement. Visit the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform website
  • What are my cancellation or withdrawal rights?
    You may have a short period of time to cancel or withdraw from your agreement. This will depend on whether your agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) (CCA). Please check the terms and conditions under the 'Your Rights' section of your agreement with us. This will provide details on how to withdraw from or cancel your agreement, should you be entitled to do this.
  • How do I query the information on my credit file?
    The first step is always to obtain a copy of your credit file from one of the three reputable credit reference agencies, Experian, Equifax or CallCredit. This will enable you to check exactly what information is recorded about you. If you discover any details that you would like to query, please contact us. When reviewing your credit file please be aware that we are legally required to provide credit reference agencies with factual information concerning your payment history. For example, if you are currently disputing a debt we must still record whether or not payments are being made until the matter is resolved. If it is found that we have recorded incorrect information we will remedy your credit file to show the correct position. However we will not be able to consider requests to amend a credit file where there are continuing concerns such as legal action or debt disputes.
  • Your fees are complex, how can I understand them?"
    We are always willing to provide information regarding fees which may be charged on agreements with Excel-A-Rate Ltd. We will charge an administration fee when we arrange your facility. This fee varies depending on the complexity of each transaction. More complex deals will attract a higher fee to reflect the extra work involved. Our sales team will be very happy to explain the fees applicable to your specific facility. There are also post-contractual fees which are noted in the 'Key Information' section of your agreement. These fees relate to issues such as unpaid rental payments, cancelled direct debit mandates etc. If you would like any further information, please contact us.
  • How do I manage my agreement?
    If you have a query regarding your agreement please contact our Customer Service Team using the contact information on this website. They will be happy to assist you. In order to protect customer confidentiality please be aware that we can only discuss an agreement if you are the registered customer or you nominate a pre-authorised representative.
  • How can I change my address details?
    To change or amend your address, please call our Customer Services Team. Please note we can only take address changes from a Director or Company Secretary in the case of a limited company or the Proprietor (sole traders) or Partner (Partnerships) unless you have provided us with the identity of an authorised person to act on your behalf. You can advise us in writing to: Excel-A-Rate Business Services Ltd, Customer Services Team, Prospect House, 389-391 Ainsworth Road, Radcliffe, Manchester M26 4HN. You can also fax a request to 0161 724 2468. Please note that we will need your request to be made using your company's official headed paper which shows the new address, followed by an authorised signature.
  • How do I change my bank details?
    If you are already making payments by Direct Debit and would like to change your existing bank details, please call our Customer Service Team on 0161 724 2424. In most cases we will be able to change your nominated bank details over the phone. However, for our Northern Ireland customers, please note that you may need to complete a new mandate. The same applies to accounts that require two signatories.
  • What payment methods do we accept?
    We can accept payment using the following methods: Debit Card or Credit Card (excluding American Express), Bank Draft BACS, CHAPS, TT transactions (including online banking transfers) * Cash (payable over the counter at any NatWest or RBS branch) Direct Debit, Standing Order To make a direct payment please use the following account details ensuring you quote your full agreement number in the reference field: Payable to Nat West, Prestwich Branch, 463 Bury New Road,Prestwich,Manchester,M25 1AB *Please note we do not accept cash payments at our office. Our Accounts Please contact us for details of relevant bank accounts
  • How do I change my payment method?
    To change your regular payment method, please call our Customer Services team on: 0161 724 2424
  • How can I obtain a settlement figure?
    Please contact our Customer Service Team who will be able to discuss a settlement figure and what the implications of early settlement might be with you.
  • What do I need to do if I wish to sell a leased asset?
    Under the terms of a lease agreement the goods do not become your property and you must not sell them without our knowledge or consent. However, in some circumstances we will consent. A leased asset can only be sold to an unconnected third party. You will be asked to pay the balance of any outstanding rentals plus a title fee. In addition, you will also be required to pay VAT on the full sale price of the asset to us. As VAT was charged on the asset when the agreement began we must include VAT when the asset is sold to comply with HM Revenue & Customs Regulations. Please contact our Customer Services Team for further information and to agree an exact settlement figure. The Customer Services Team is available on the following telephone number - 01617242424.
  • What happens when I reach the end of my primary period in a lease agreement?
    We will send you a letter to explain how you may be able to continue leasing the goods under a secondary lease, how to return them or how the goods might be sold/purchased.
    A poor credit history can make it difficult to obtain business finance. You may have become frustrated by refusals especially when applying to traditional funding sources such as the major banks. It is still possible to obtain credible business finance with a poor credit history but it will be very much dependent on your particular circumstances. Excel-a-Rate always adopts a responsible attitude towards lending. We also have business relationships with an extensive range of specialist funding providers who may be able to assist you even if your credit history is less than perfect. Contact our team so that we can discuss your options. We will not provide funding where it would be irresponsible to do so but, based on an open and honest discussion and a clear understanding of your particular circumstances we will utilise our expertise to try to secure the funding you require.
    Not necessarily. Excel-a-Rate will look at the circumstances before assessing funding decisions. A CCJ does not necessarily mean your funding application will be declined. Our approach allows you an opportunity to explain the circumstances which led to the CCJ. Often something as simple as an unforeseen cash flow problem arising out of one of your customers missing a crucial payment can be responsible. Excel-a-Rate will take the full facts into account and will provide you with a transparent, responsible lending decision based on your specific circumstances.


We’ve provided answers to some frequently asked questions on small business funding below. If the answer you are seeking isn’t listed here please telephone our office and we will try to assist you.

*Free and independent advice
You can obtain free and independent advice from a number of sources including:
The Money Advice Service 0800 138 7777
National Debtline 0808808 4000
Citizens Advice Northern Ireland 0800 028 1881

bottom of page